The right essential oils can offer a wealth of benefits, from soothing aromatherapy qualities to natural healing abilities. Frankincense has long been revered as a powerful substance, originating from a resinous tree sap. Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, and others have used it ceremonially and medicinally.
Refined into an oil, the substance is a powerful choice for your home remedies or therapeutic rituals. Learn why you should add frankincense to your collection of essential oils for an antiseptic boost to home treatments or a pleasant aroma in your toiletries.
What Is Frankincense Oil?
Historically, Frankincense has long been heralded as a holy oil, and is a popular ingredient in incenses used by many cultures for religious ceremonies. There is evidence that shows that it was used for very sacred ceremonies and even buried with royalty in ancient tombs.
Therapeutic Properties of Frankincense Essential Oil:
MY FAVORITE FRANKINCENSE USES:
2. Night Time Moisturizer: Just take 1 drop of Frankincense with ¼ teaspoon of your favorite Carrier Oil, either Fractionated Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil, rub your palms together and apply generously morning and before bedtime for lovely moisturizer.
3. Immune System Booster: My third favorite use of Frankincense Essential Oil is to help support my immune system. The oil may help your body produce more white blood cells, and it can also act as an excellent anti-inflammatory.
4. Stress Reliever: When I am feeling tired, it’s usually because I have packed too much into my schedule. Instead of reaching for coffee, which keeps me up all night, I reach for my Frankincense Essential Oil and breathe in the aroma for a relaxing, stress-relieving effect.
5. Emotional Balance Booster: Improve your mental outlook by placing a few diluted drops of the Frankincense Oil to an essential oil diffuser a few times each day. I take just a few moments to connect and relax before continuing on with my day.
6. Bath Time Blend: To ease tension at the end of the day, add a few drops of Frankincense Essential Oil to your bath water and sit back and let the amazing aroma ease your tension and help reduce your stress.
Advice: We source our oils from various parts of the world with all different soil conditions, air temperature, light exposure, and moisture levels, so we suggest storing your oils in an amber bottle at any cool and dry location with minimum sun exposure to protect and preserve your oil.
To ensure sure you do not end up using fake oils, only buy essential oils from the company that provides GC-MS testing for each of their essential oils. Some companies do not regulate their oils, but getting a Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) test done is the best way to check the authenticity and therapeutic properties of essential oils.
Learn more about essential oils like frankincense oil from GuruNanda.