Tea Tree Oil for Hair and Scalp
Tea Tree Oil is already starting to be picked up by expensive haircare shampoo companies in the market, but really, all you need is a few drops (4-5 drops) of Tea Tree Oil added to a full bottle your favorite scentless shampoo for an effective dandruff-free scalp. Dandruff can clog your pores, and when you itch incessantly, it can cause inflammation and hair loss.
If you wish to use Tea Tree Oil on your scalp, be sure to dilute the oil with a carrier oil such as Sweet Almond or Fractionated Coconut Oil. It may be beneficial to warm up the carrier oil for a few seconds before adding the Tea Tree Oil and applying the mixture to your scalp. The heat will open up your hair follicles and allow the oils to penetrate the scalp so your body can absorb the benefits of the oils.
Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo DIY Recipe
Benefit: Helps provide relief from dry, itchy scalp and dandruff.
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Castile soap
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Purified Water
- 4 ounces of aloe Vera Gel
- 8 ounces of Distilled Water
- 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- BPA-free plastic dispenser bottle
- Mixing Bowl
- Combine the honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the Aloe Vera and Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Blend thoroughly until dissolved. Then, transfer ingredient to mixing bowl.
- Add the castile soap and water and blend thoroughly.
- Add in the essential oils.
- Pour into your dispenser bottle and close lid to shake.
- Shake the bottle until all ingredients are blended well together.
TO USE: Apply to wet hair and gently massage into your scalp. Rinse out thoroughly until clean. Be aware that you will not have a sudsy result that you are used to, but that is a good thing since the suds strip your hair of its natural oils. Following with conditioner is optional.