If you experience skin conditions resulting from excessive inflammation, you might be wondering, “how do I get rid of inflammation naturally?“
Today, we’ll provide you with a natural way to help get rid of inflammation.
What is inflammation? Why does it happen?
Inflammation can be a big problem, but it’s actually one of our closest allies.
It has good intentions.
When our body is being attacked by foreign organisms such as bacteria and viruses, our white blood cells gather up to protect us from them.
And that’s what forms inflammation.
The problem is when inflammation occurs without having an enemy to slay.
For example, arthritis is the result of the body’s immune system triggering an inflammatory response, and this is what we call an auto-immune disorder.
We call it this because it is as if our body is working against us.
Since our bodies can have overactive immune systems that perpetuate tissue damage within the body, sometimes we want to get rid of inflammation.
Today’s DIY recipe will provide you with a solution to help combat skin inflammation disorders associated with conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
What You Need:
- ½ cup of Raw Shea Butter
- ½ cup of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 8 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 30 drops of Lavender Oil
- Equipment: Double Boiler, Mixing Bowl & Sealable Mason jar
- Using a double boiler, melt the shea butter and fractionated coconut oil
- Add in the honey and stir until everything is melted.
- Add in the essential oils and stir until all ingredients are blended well.
- Let sit until cool so that the ingredients thicken and soften.
- Once softened, mix ingredients in a bowl with a spoon.
- Once you see the consistency of the lotion, transfer to a mason jar.
TO USE: Apply topically to your skin twice a day as needed. Store lotion at room temperature or in the refrigerator for softness.