Buttery Coconut Body Butter
You can make up to 60 ounces with this recipe. Give some away as gifts or sell because this body butter will easily last for up to a year.
- Coconut Oil 4 cups
- Shea Butter 14 oz.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil 2 drops
- Your Favorite Essential Oils 2 drops each
- A jar with a lid to store the butter in (you can use the jar that the coconut oil/shea butter came in)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, dump in both the shea butter and the coconut oil.
- Slide the bowl into the microwave and melt it. You can also use a double boiler to liquefy the mixture.
- Let the bowl cool down for a few minutes before adding the essential oils in it.
- Mix for 1 minute.
- Let the mixture re-solidify before whipping it until it is fluffy enough to be transferred into the storage jar.
Citrusy Mango Body Butter
This citrusy blend features different essential oils, including lime, lemon, lime, tangerine, and sweet orange, as well as, mango butter.
- Jojoba wax 20 g
- Cocoa butter 50 g
- Shea butter 60 g
- Mango butter 50 g
- Almond oil 2 tsp
- Vitamin E 2 tsp
- Citrus essential oils:
- Lime 20 drops
- Orange 10 drops
- Lemon 10 drops
- Airtight jar
- In the double broiler, melt all the butters and wax. Leaving it to gently heat for 40 minutes will do the trick.
- Next, splash in some almond oil and vitamin E into the mixture.
- Turn on the heat for some time more and keep it on until the mixture liquefies completely.
- Stir in the essential oils and mix well.
- Whip the body butter and fill into jars.
Let us know if you try out any of these recipes and how they worked out for you!